Each year, LP’s Labor & Employment Group is pleased to provide a short checklist of steps that all companies should consider taking in order to measure their readiness for the coming year. We hope that you find this 2013 Labor and Employment Law Checklist to be a helpful guide to best practices for the year ahead. Here are this year’s checklist topics:
- Comply with new “Facebook Laws”
- Make sure policies comply with federal labor laws
- Don’t discriminate against unemployed job applicants
- Audit compensation practices
- Revisit Social Media Policies
- Consider mandatory arbitration
- Be deliberate in requesting and acting on background checks
- Carefully consider accommodation requests
- Watch for new FMLA forms and regulations
- Keep your non-compete and non-solicit agreements updated
- Get ready for 2014 Heath Care Reform mandates
See the full checklist here.
This checklist is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to and does not create an attorney/client relationship.